"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Morning rain. Weather forecasters are predicting morning and afternoon rain today. The day will start out in the mid-30s, with rain showers, until around 11. The sun will be visible for a bit here and there until around 4, when the rain is expected to return. Temperatures will run into the high 40s. There could be more rain at around 6 p.m., with clouds the rest of the night. Temps will drop back down into the 30s.
2. Do you know any great people? Do you know any great people in the Concord community who never get the press they deserve, are never thanked for their efforts, have taken on huge projects and completed them, for the benefit of people other than themselves? We’d like to know about them. Concord Patch has a new monthly feature called The Greatest Person and we need some recommendations of folks to talk to. Nominate a great person and we’ll let everyone else know about them too: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Facing foreclosure? Are you facing foreclosure? There are alternatives. is holding a free foreclosure alternatives workshop at 6 p.m. Learn about the options available to homeowners who are in trouble.
4. Fight Inflammation with Food. The continue its food/health series with a talk and presentation by Laura Piazza about fighting inflammation with food. The talk begins at 6:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
5. Other events. The Hospice House will host a men’s grief discussion group at 9 a.m. will hold water exercise classes for adults 50-plus at 1 p.m. It’s Crafternoon time at the , at 3:30 p.m., for first- to eighth-graders. The Cicy Council's Fiscal Policy Advisory Committee meets at 4:30 p.m., in the Second Floor Conference Room of . Yoga classes will be held at the at 6 p.m. The Transportation Police Advisory Committee meets at 6 p.m., in the . Craig Fahey plays at at 6:30 p.m. The National Alliance on Mental Illness NH continues its series of talks, parents meeting the challenge, at at 6:30 p.m.