With the month of July comes long hot days full of swimming, biking, hiking, boating and lots of other fun activities in the Lakes Region. Summer always passes quicker than you expect so don’t waste any time planning you next trip to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. If you’re looking for adventure outdoors, take advantage of the Inn to Inn Bike Tours on the Northern Rail Trail or make a new family tradition by experiencing summer fun at Purity Spring Resorts! The “Where to Stay” and “Where to Play” pages on LakesRegion.org will help you plan out your next family vacation, girlfriends getaway or romantic escape! Be sure to check our deals page often to stay up-to-date on the most current lodging deals in the Lakes Region including The Margate Resort’s Spring Get-A-Way package where you can stay three nights and save 15% along with other great savings on their spa packages!
Here are a few of the highly anticipated events going on in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire this July:
- Family Party Night Aboard the M/S Mount Washington on Wednesday, July 9th at 6pm. Bring the whole family for a fun evening of dancing and dining on Lake Winnipesaukee. Special entertainment and dancing fun for children. A great time for all.
- LRTA Hospitality Golf Tournament at Lochmere Golf & Country Club in Tilton on July 10th from 9-4. Registration is from 7:30 -9 AM with a Continental Breakfast and awards banquet.
- "42nd Street" is on stage at Interlakes Summer Theatre from July 1st to July 13th. It is Broadway's best loved song and dance extravaganza.
- NH Music Festival is a six-week summer music festival that honors the tradition of classical music while exploring new artistic paths. Every summer during July and August, musicians from around the country come to Plymouth to perform well-known classics and contemporary works.
- Antique & Classic Automobile Event at the Castle in the Clouds on Saturday, July 12th. Come view stunning examples of antique and classic automobiles dating from the turn of the century through 1974. Automobiles will be on display at the Meadows by Shannon Pond from 10am to 3pm. Food and beverages will be available in the field starting at 11:00am!
- 41st Annual Lake Winnipesaukee Antique and Classic Boat Show at the Meredith Town Docks on Friday, July 25th through Sunday, July 27th. Walk amongst an impressive antique boat lineup while enjoying the beautiful lake views.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Camping World RV Sales 301 returns to the New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the 22nd year on July 13th. New for 2014, the NHMS will be offering children’s tickets for ages 12 and under.
These are only some of the events worth visiting in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire during July. For more Lakes Region events, visit the event calendar or LakesRegion.org.
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors’ guides, visit LakesRegion.org, facebook.com/NHLakesRegion or follow on Twitter. For more information about New Hampshire, go to www.visitnh.gov. The LRTA office is on Route 3 in Tilton, NH and can be reached by calling (800) 60-LAKES.