Click on the links below for more details:
- Feeling presidential? Former presidential candidate and former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, who hasn't ruled out running in 2016, will be at Saint Anselm College's New Hampshire Institute of Politics tonight at 7 p.m. to present a discussion called Health Care in the Private Sector; Reform is Still Possible. Also this week, former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton, a possible 2016 GOP contender, will attend the Hillsborough County Republican Committee's Constitution Day Picnic at noon at the Alpine Grove Banquet Facility in Hollis.
- ICYMI. On Friday, police identified the body found last Tuesday in a wooded area in the vicinity of Route 106. Police say the badly decomposed body was that of Barbara Harrington, 48, whose last known address was in Manchester. There are no indications of foul play, police say, however, the official cause of death remains undetermined and is pending toxicology results.
- A beautiful fall week ahead. The National Weather Service is predicting sunny skies this week, with high temperatures in the mid to high 60s. The nights should be cool, however, with temperatures as low as 37 on Tuesday night.
- Concord Multicultural Festival. The 8th annual Concord Multicultural Festival is coming up this Saturday, from 3 to 7 p.m. on the State House Plaza. Check out Paul Brogan's blog post for more details.
- Looking for fresh food? Check out the Penacook Farmers’ Market from 4 to 6:30 p.m. on Monday at the historic Rolfe House in Penacook. On Wednesday, from 3 to 6 p.m. the Concord Farmers’ Market is open at the Steeplegate Mall.
There are more listings and things to do in the Patch Events section.
Would you like your event or information included in the Monday Essentials, 5 Things, or The Weekender previews? Post it in the Boards and Events sections of Concord NH Patch and we’ll try and give it an extra plug!