Here are 5 Things to know about this weekend in Concord:
1. A sunny, breezy weekend. It looks like this weekend is going to be a nice one. Weather forecasters are predicting partly sunny skies with breezes on both Saturday and Sunday, with high temperatures in the mid-50s. However, lows in the early morning and late evenings are expected to drop down into the mid-20s.
2. Spiritual 'Paradise.' Two local churches will host musical works this week. The Concord Chorale is sponsoring “A Day in Paradise,” featuring traditional African-American spirituals and works by a number of musicians. The event will be held at 8 p.m. on Saturday at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and 3 p.m. on Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Church.
3. Back in Black, for two nights. Lewis Black brings his new show, “In God We Rust,” to the Capitol Center for the Arts for two shows this weekend, at 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Women United rally, and more. New Hampshire Women United will hold a protest to “End the War on Women” at the Statehouse from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The First Congregational Church will hold a spring rummage sale from 9 a.m. to noon. Company C holds a spring preview curated artisan event at 10 a.m. The Wolves Hurling Opener will be held at The Barley House at 3 p.m.
5. Music. On Saturday, Pianist Matthew Odell performs a recital at the Concord Community Music School at 7 p.m. Matt Poirer plays Hermanos at 7:30 p.m. Day Janeiro play the Pit Road Lounge. On Sunday, Joe Gattuso plays Hermanos at 6:30 p.m.